24/7 Burglary Repair Specialists in London!
Our service enables you a 24 hour access to top quality burglary repairs. Our trusted local burglary repair experts can attend at your London home or commercial premises within 30 minutes. If you recently experienced an attempted burglary and need an emergency door, lock or frame repair call us at 020 8226 6866.
Prime Alert offers 24/7 fast and reliable burglary repairs services. We provide temporary boarding up and permanent repairs of burglaries. One of our fully skilled technicians can attend at your location promptly to provide you with professional boarding up of your damaged door or frame. In case any locks are damaged we can replace them too. If a straight forward repair using the materials we usually stock in our vehicles won’t be enough to provide a long term solution and your door or frame need a replacement, we can re-attend the same or following working day to provide any required installations.
Broken Door and Frame Replacements
While on site we will measure up and take all the required details so if you need your broken door replaced we can provide you with a detailed commitment free quote. The quote will be 100% obligation free. You can use it as reference or pass it on to your landlord or home insurance so they consider how to go about providing you with a permanent solution. We can install any type of door, frame or lock. We will also advise you on how to best keep your home secured in the future and carry out any installations if you’d like us to. Our qualified and friendly team can address any concern you may have in the most professional manner.
How Deal with a Burglary
There are a few steps to take straight after a burglary.
1. Stay calm – Burglary can be a traumatic event but it already happened and to get stressed about it won’t do any good so trying to relax and stay focused would be the first step.
2. Contacting your landlord – First step would be to contact the person in charge of the premises. If you have a landlord contacting him/her would be the first course of action. If you are the landlord go to step 3.
3. Calling the police – Call the police and report the burglary. After calling the police you can already call the locksmith or glazier to check for prices and availability but bear in mind you’ll need to have the police taking finger prints and make necessary assessments prior to inviting the locksmith for doing the burglary repairs. The reason you don’t want to invite the locksmith over before having the police inspecting the property is that if you have the locksmith/glazier waiting for the police to finish their inspections you might need to pay them for the extra waiting time until all inspections are over.
4. Contact the insurance – Once you have the report from the police and your property secured by the locksmith/glazier contact your insurer. You might need to provide them with proofs so keep any records made by the police and get an invoice for the repairs made by the tradespeople.
5. Have your burglary repaired permanently – Whether the insurance will cover it or not you do not wish to keep leaving in an unsecured property. Therefore have your locks and doors properly secured. If needed have your door replaced and do all that it take for a burglary not to happen again.
How to Prevent a Burglary
From what we’ve seen so far in business, if a burglar desperately wants to get in to a property then they can probably succeed. However, when it comes to most standard burglars (unlike those you see in James bond movies), burglaries are absolutely preventable. Most burglars today are young people that seek around for a door or window that looks easy enough to break open.
When in need of preventing burglaries or stepping up your security status after a break-in, it is important that you:
– Upgrade to British Standard. Install BS3621 locks, sufficient window locks, etc. This is also important to comply with your insurance requirements.
– Install security grilles. Nothing is harder to break then good quality security grilles and gates.
– Have a professional locksmith inspect your home. They have access to the latest security products as well as the expertise to ensure that your premises are properly secured.
– Read useful tips online on how to secure your property and follow them. Read tips here.
Burglaries in London – Some Statistics
According to available data issued by the Metropolitan Police Crime data, 96,181 burglaries have been reported in London the past year. Nearly 3,000 more then the year before. Out of which an average of 10% are business robberies and rest are residential. The rate of break-ins are becoming alarmingly high. Keep safe!